The Need for Great Product Content and Things To Consider
Modern customers have become savvy, and they have all the product information they need at their fingertips. The Internet has had a significant impact on purchase behavior and how businesses interact with customers. Today, people value information and are willing to wait until they have all the facts before they buy anything. At B2Sell, we believe that providing product information on your e-commerce website is critical, especially in the B2B industry.
Why Do You Need Great Product Content?
Many B2B business websites only list products, size and model, and warranty information. It means customers are often forced to find third-party sources for information before they can make their purchase decision. Forcing customers off your website to seek out more information is a surefire way to reduce your conversion rate and revenue. People who leave your site to get more information might not come back.
That's why it is a good idea to provide all the details your customers may need on your website. Your product page should be able to answer the most common and vital customer questions and provide detailed literature. For example, you can have print & web catalogs along with product specification PDFs on your product pages.
Common Questions B2B Customers Ask
Most B2B establishments have a set process for buying an item, and they all need the same information. Here's a look at some of the most common questions the customers ask:
- Is this the product I have been looking for?
- Is the product available now or when will it be in stock?
- Are there any alternatives for the product?
- How much does the product cost?
- What kind of warranty coverage does it have?
- What are the product specs and dimensions?
- What does the product look like?
- How many products can I buy at once?
Customers will also look for other information like cheaper alternatives, spare parts availability, shipping and delivery information, etc. Your product page should be able to answer all of these questions effectively.
What Should Be on Your Product Page?
A good product page is detailed, informative, and visually appealing. It takes some time and effort to ensure all the information provided on it is accurate and reliable, but it is a good idea to dedicate the time. You can also hire third-party content management teams to handle all product pages for your B2B business. Heres a look at what every product page should have:
- High-quality pictures of the product from every angle
- A product demonstration video or 360 view video
- Warranty information
- Product dimensions
- Product feature and benefits
- Technical information and schematics
- Information guides and manuals
- Installation guides and schematics
- Product safety information booklet
- Price and inventory information
- Accessory information
- Related products links
If you want to know more about our B2B e-commerce websites
and related services, dont hesitate to get in touch with us at B2Sell
. You can request a free quote
or contact us directly on 888 595 9996.